I went to chicago and bought a book and a grenade.

So I ran across a familiar book cover when I was in Chicago this weekend and decided to purchase it to pass the time on the ride back home since my ipod is broken. A true story by Reymundo Sanchez about his experiences growing up on the streets of Chicago and becoming a Latin King, it's pretty intense. I always wanted this book for my collection based on the illustration alone that was done by Frances Jetter, an amazing illustrator I had the pleasure of meeting at CCS last semester. She did an awesome linocut workshop with all of us and I was really excited about her work. So I read the book the whole way home and it passed the time great. I am halfway through it.
I also purchased a grenade...
I'll talk more of that when my project involving it is in action.